In preparation for this week’s #SENExchange.
Brief notes on collaboration (off the top of my head…
Things that are harder than I expected:
- Scheduling! (Sharing timetables, organising diaries, meetings etc.)
- Building trust (it takes time for everyone to realise what each individual has to offer & to feel comfortable approaching others to seek or give support).
Things I wish I’d known from the offset:
- Most teachers are keen to collaborate. Teaching can be lonely at times & we all want the best for our pupils.
- It takes longer to get going than you think! There need to be a few people pushing it initially, middle leaders & NQTs are great!
Things that have helped:
- Information sharing: Courses and LA training information sharing has been great for us. If they aren’t able to go with you, they at least know what you’ve done recent training in so know who to ask…
View original post 161 more words