I have been battling with myself as to whether spending time preparing a ‘snazzy’ PowerPoint and the accompanying resources is simply worth it? I guess, with my role, I don’t know if I can justify spending time doing this… BUT
I have been considering:
- Does it make a difference to the actual learning?
- Does it show I have made an effort and I expect that from my students?
- Does it make no difference what so ever, and therefore a waste of time?
- Does it raise engagement with the lesson as a stimulus?
- Does it create a personal element to the lessons?
- Visuals are clearly necessary for SEN/D students or in MFL for example.
- Is less more?
I guess, what I mean by snazzy isn’t an overload of animations and transitions. It is not an abundance of colour and busyness of slides.
(I am fully aware of the difficulties some students…
View original post 228 more words