This is how Systematic Synthetic Phonics (SSP) works:
- Fast and Furious
- No other method
- Do not look at pictures for clues
- Do not guess – must sound out
- Consistent, persistent, insistent – not a plethora of games and random strategies – that’s called mixed methods which is illegal.
- If it doesn’t work you just carry on until it does.
- If it still doesn’t work you are not doing it properly.
- If you think another method may work better or complement SSP you can’t. Remember no mixed methods.
Under the current prohibition any method of teaching reading which is not SSP is banned. So, I’m going underground – come to my Speakeasy where I will list some practical tips on teaching those students who just don’t seem to be progressing.
This is great and allows pupils to learn those high frequency words which are more irregular…
View original post 519 more words